Sunday, June 26, 2011

Run! Run! Run!

I really love being active, a lot! I love to run and to play. In High school I ran cross country. Debbie was my running buddy and best friend! It was always so much more fun to run with a buddy and especially if you really liked them :) My freshman year Cassy was also on the cross country team, It was also fun to run with her. I was always the girl running around campus telling people to join the team because it was just "so much fun!!"  But they would look at me and be like; "wait, how is running several miles at once and being in pain and all sweaty so fun?" And i never knew how to respond, so I'd say , "it just is!" But I still run now, even though I'm not on a team. I guess it just makes me feel good about myself, I feel so much better and healthier after I go for a run. You know when you go on a ski trip and you ski all day and then you come home and you are just EXHAUSTED!? but its a good kind of exhausted?! yup, that's what running does for me! :) I also love the game called basketball! It is just the best sport in the whole world. Everything about it is just so fun! running, jumping, shooting, using your elbows, fouling....ya, good stuff I know. haha
This is Debbie, Cassy, and I our freshman year. 
The sad thing is that this whole semester I have had some type of injury. In the beginning I had a sprained ankle. It was a terrible thing. Then as my ankle was healing and I was just beginning to play on it a little, I hurt my knee playing basketball. So this whole semester I have not been able to run and play like i love! But good news, I started running again this week! Yes, I have to take it a little easy and everything because I am not totally healed up, but still, i'm just sooo excited to be able to run again! And the best part, I got new running shoes!!! Yes I did, I ran to the store the other day, bought my running shoes, and then ran back home! it was great.    

No comments:

Post a Comment