Friday, March 27, 2015

What you NEED

when I was pregnant i was all stressed out because I wasn't sure exactly what I need for when Baby Hallie arrived! I would google all the time looking for a list that would tell me what I needed! There were lots of lists that were named things like "The ten absolute things you must have for Baby" or "Essentials for having a newborn" or "Must have's to giving birth". And then i would read these lists and feel even more stressed out because holy cow! How am I going to get that bassinet, that bathtub, that baby bag, that stroller, and so on!?!? And then how will I be able to fit it in my house!? Ahhh! Well let me just relieve anyone who is pregnant and wondering what they really NEED. ALL YOU NEED IS MILK! and it comes for FREE straight from your body! So you literally don't need anything else to keep a baby alive. thats it. Period. Obviously it would be nice to have some diapers and wipes handy, but the baby will still live if you don't have that. i mean seriously, I don't know how  i thought i needed so many things. Ok now let me be realistic. Milk, diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, soap....ok those are the things that I would say you really NEED for reals. The rest is just fluff. Like, you dont need a crib, you dont need a changing table, you dont need a bouncer seat, you dont need a bumbo, you dont need a swing, you dont need a night light, you dont need a rocking chair, you don't NEED it.
I started this post out feeling like it might help people but I think it ended as a vent page with my frustration on all those articles I read about people telling me I  needed all this junk. So hopefully it wasnt a huge waste of time! Thats all! :)

1 comment:

  1. So after I wrote this I've just realized I've got all the things on this list of things I've said I don't need. I begged Jared for them and he got me all of them. They sure are nice to have. Jareds the best!

    ReplyDelete