Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Baby!?

I keep waiting for the moment when I have a bunch of free time so i can sit and write a nice blog post about the birth story and Hallie and then i just decided that is NEVER going to happen! So I will write what i can before the crying starts ;) So here is a summary of Hallie's birth story.
Jared and I had been trying to move for a couple months since he had a new job and was having to drive an hour to work and back again every day. But finding an apartment was taking a LONG time. It was less than a week from my due date when Jared's mom and i found some new apartments in Newberg that still had openings! So we filled out the papers and waited to know when we could move! My Due date was August 7th, a Thursday. They said we could move in on August 4th, a Monday. Well, I began having contractions on Sunday August 3rd. They were very consistent all day long, but weren't very strong And were coming every 20 minutes. That night they started getting pretty strong and were hurting and were about every 8 minutes apart. Monday morning we were supposed to get everything loaded up and move to Newberg but we decided I should go to Newberg early so that if the baby came I would be close to my hospital. So Jared's mom and I came to newberg and started walking around to get things moving. (Jared was at work) and Jared's Dad and employees loaded up our old apartment and moved us over. I went into the hospital in the afternoon, the contractions were strong and every 3 minutes apart! But they said I still wasn't dilated enough. So I came to the apartment and started getting things unpacked! i went back to the hospital around 7pm and they admitted me in! They let me sit in the Jacuzzi for a while and when i got out I asked for an epidural because those contractions are PAINFUL holy cow! I never expected labor to feel the way it did, it was a surprise! But then the epidural came and I thought I was in Heaven! It was so amazing. i couldn't feel any pain, but i could still feel the contractions! Hallie Ann came on Tuesday morning at 1:30am. She is so beautiful and we love her so much! We can't help but smile every time we see how cute she is!
That was a very watered down story, but I'll add some pictures and then get Hallie because she's calling me!

Our new apartments in Newberg

My last bump picture taken August 4th

As fresh as a baby gets

making funny faces from the moment she was born
her first outfit, she still fits in it :) But it actually fits her now
I love it when she yawns

She was so tiny! 7lbs


Looking back i would have taken A LOT more picture in the hospital. Next baby i guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment